Sunday, November 10, 2013

Two Minute Deck Memorization: Two Suits!

I've worked up to half a deck! I've gotten accustomed enough to this that I can go through the deck forwards and backwards and if given a random number, I can tell which card was in that position. I can go the other way, too. If given a card, I can tell which position it was in, but I couldn't think of a way to demonstrate that in the video.

I've also run through it enough that I've noticed a few things I can do to make things easier on myself. More on that later a few posts from now, but for now, I'll just say that I'm hoping that I can start whittling my time down a bit. When I added the second suit, my time shot way up, understandably, but then it slowly came back down and settled right around 3 minutes. In theory, I'm capable of getting it down to 45 seconds. I don't think I'll come close to that during this challenge, but I know I can get under 2 minutes.

Anyway, here's me memorizing half of a deck of cards!


Now I'm moving up to three suits! Three quarters of a deck!

I'm on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...