Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Two Minute Deck Memorization: Update...

This challenge is getting pretty difficult and I think I've hit a bit of a wall, but I'm not worried. I think I've been causing a lot of my own difficulties here.

Since I moved up to memorizing a full deck, I have been able to pull it off a few times, but the time is way up there. The fastest I've been able to memorize a full deck in is about 3:30, though usually I'm up closer to 4-6 minutes.

It's getting to be really hard for me to work the time down to be consistently lower.

I think the reason is the relatively casual way that I have been approaching this challenge. Between work and other responsibilities, I've really just been working on this challenge when I had time. However, it occured to me today that the brain is very much like a muscle. If I practice this more, I'll get better at it. If I don't, that skill will atrophy. So far, I've been like that guy at the gym who works out only once a month, then wonders why he doesn't see any progress. Consistency!

I need to invest more time in this and be more consistent if I'm going to get down under 2 minutes. I can memorize a deck. I just have to do it faster! I have to put more time in if I'm going to cut more time out!

In addition, learning a full deck has been a lot harder because I ditched the old method and started to apply a new method.

More on that later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...