Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Ghost Pepper Challenge: Level 1 - Bell Pepper (0 SHU)

The humble Bell Pepper. To my knowledge, it is the only pepper with a Scoville rating of 0, meaning that even after being diluted 0 times, it has no detectable heat.

It's a pretty modest beginning to what I think will turn out to be a pretty difficult challenge in a few days.

The worst part of eating a chunk of Bell Pepper was all the bitter parts inside which I did not remove. The more intense peppers I'll be eating later will be eaten whole, so I decided to eat this pepper whole, too. I literally just cut a good chunk off and ate it. It actually tasted pretty awful.

Anyway, here's the video:




I'll admit I'm bored by this. I mean, it's a Bell Pepper! Challenge me! Oh well, soon I'll be eating my words...

When the peppers get hotter, I'll stick around for a bit after to describe the heat, etc, but for a Bell Pepper, there's not a whole lot to say. Who doesn't know what a Bell Pepper tastes like?

Keep following along! My prediction is that this will start to get interesting around Level 3...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...