Sunday, September 1, 2013

Two Week Burrito Challenge: Day 21

Went to a friend's church today to see his baby get blessed. Went to his house after for food and celebration.

He totally had a burrito bar!

This was the first time I'd met his family and I think I was the only non-family there, so I felt odd eating their food. However, the guy who's house it was demanded I eat a minimum of two burritos and make an extra to take home. So eat, I did...

Ground beef, rice, cheese, guacamole,
hot sauce, salsa, lettuce, refried beans.







The videos are from an odd angle because I didn't want to make them feel weird being taped, and I didn't want to have to explain to them what I was recording for, so I set the camera in my lap and did it that way.

It did eventually come out, though, and it turns out one other person there knew what I was doing and it made me feel less like a total weirdo. They all had a decent sense of humor and took it pretty well.

Let me share with you wisdom. If you meet a group of people for the first time and it comes out that you took an internet challenge to eat nothing but burritos for an indefinite amount of time and nobody bats an eye, then those are good people and true friends.

Anyway, it was a day of good food, good people, and some pretty funny stories.

Having home-made burritos again made me feel a billion times better about this whole thing.

On a side note, I have emailed written verification to Yishan, signed by several of my co-workers and friends, that I did abide by the rules of this challenge and I await his response.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...