Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ghost Pepper Challenge: Level 4 - Jalapeno (2,500 - 8,000 SHU)


I'm thoroughly humbled right now. The jalapeno still wasn't all that bad overall, but I'll admit that it had a much bigger kick than I thought it would. I've had raw jalapenos in the past many times, but I've never had one like this. It wasn't really the spiciness that was bad as much as the fact that I just wasn't ready for it.

It wasn't so bad that I was dying for milk or anything, but I'm getting to the point where I might need a glass handy for future peppers. My next pepper is potentially three times hotter than this one.

For the sake of variety, after I ate the raw pepper, I tried to down a few of those little slices you get jarred at the store. Their heat was nothing compared to the raw pepper. In fact, I stopped eating them because they almost felt like they were cooling my mouth off.



So that's the jalapeno. I told you I would lose my arrogance once I hit a pepper that really got to me. This was it. I really wasn't expecting it to burn like it did.

This pepper has won my respect...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...