Redditor DiavelNJ has issued the challenge to eat a Ghost Pepper or a Trinidad Moruga Scorpian. I'm going to try both.
The rules of the challenge are:
- I must greet DiavelNJ in the video.
- Prove what the pepper is.
- Chew for 15 seconds.
- Sing about what is occuring in my mouth.
- No liquids for five minutes.
- Three months of reddit gold from DiavelNJ.
- An additional month from Redditor_in_Wild.
I tried for quite a while to find these peppers, but finally had to order them online. I've got some time to kill while I wait for them to show up. So in the mean time, I'm going to eat peppers all the way up the Scoville scale until I get to the Ghost Pepper.
Here's the plan:
- Bell Pepper (0 SHU)
- Peperoncini (100-900 SHU)
- Anaheim Pepper + Sriracha Sauce (1K - 2.5K SHU)
- Jalapeno Pepper (2.5K -8K SHU)
- Serrano Pepper (10K - 23K SHU)
- Cayenne Pepper (30K - 50K SHU)
- Thai Pepper (50K - 100K SHU)
- Habanero Pepper (100K - 350K SHU)
- Red Savina Habanero (350K - 580K SHU)
- Bhut Jolokia "Ghost" Pepper (855K - 1,463K SHU)
Bonus: Trinidad Moruga Scorpian (1500K - 2000K SHU)
Tomorrow, it begins...