Monday, September 23, 2013

Ghost Pepper Challenge


Redditor DiavelNJ has issued the challenge to eat a Ghost Pepper or a Trinidad Moruga Scorpian. I'm going to try both.

The rules of the challenge are:
  1. I must greet DiavelNJ in the video.
  2. Prove what the pepper is.
  3. Chew for 15 seconds.
  4. Swallow.
  5. Sing about what is occuring in my mouth.
  6. No liquids for five minutes.
Reward:

  • Three months of reddit gold from DiavelNJ.
  • An additional month from Redditor_in_Wild.

I tried for quite a while to find these peppers, but finally had to order them online. I've got some time to kill while I wait for them to show up. So in the mean time, I'm going to eat peppers all the way up the Scoville scale until I get to the Ghost Pepper.

Here's the plan:
  1. Bell Pepper (0 SHU)
  2. Peperoncini (100-900 SHU)
  3. Anaheim Pepper + Sriracha Sauce (1K - 2.5K SHU)
  4. Jalapeno Pepper (2.5K -8K SHU)
  5. Serrano Pepper (10K - 23K SHU)
  6. Cayenne Pepper (30K - 50K SHU)
  7. Thai Pepper (50K - 100K SHU)
  8. Habanero Pepper (100K - 350K SHU)
  9. Red Savina Habanero (350K - 580K SHU)
  10. Bhut Jolokia "Ghost" Pepper (855K - 1,463K SHU)
Bonus: Trinidad Moruga Scorpian (1500K - 2000K SHU)

Tomorrow, it begins...


2 comments:

  1. I have had a Thai Pepper straight once and was able to last a few minutes without drinking without too much of a problem. I think that come level 8 you are going to start having second thoughts. I am excited to see the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Thai Pepper is about the extent of my experience, too. I've had Thai Peppers and some Bird's Eye Peppers, but I've never had a straight Habanero before. I think you're right. If I do hit a wall, it will be on level 8.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...