Saturday, August 24, 2013

Two Week Burrito Challenge: Day 13

Today I actually ate a healthy amount of food.

First, on my way home from work, I stopped at one of my favorite restaraunts. Wheeler's, in Mount Pleasant, UT. I got a burrito, of course.

You can't fool me, Styrofoam plate and
tiny container of not enough salsa...
Wheeler's food is typically stupid delicious, but I actually wasn't too impressed by the burrito. It was good enough that I didn't regret the purchase, but fool me once...

Let me explain the whole shoving-this-whole-burrito-in-my-mouth-all-in-one-piece thing. The burrito itself was about the same quality as the frozen ones I stick in the mirowave. It was pretty hard.

In addition, the cheese was clearly microwaved. You know how microwaved cheese turns into a solid sheet of vaguely edible rubber? Yep.

To make things worse, I got no knife, and a fork that was clearly made out of the same stuff those rubber slappy hands you get in vending machines are made of.

In short, cutting this burrito was a nigh impossible task. An obstacle of Herculean proportions.

Here you go...

Majestic.

Later on in the evening, I had a home-made burrito. By far, these have been my favorite. They may not look like much, but they're delicious, filling, substitutions are allowed, and what they lack in tiny containers of salsa, they more than make up for in a complete absence of economic/nutritional guilt.

This burrito had ground beef, refried beans, lettuce, onion, salsa, and shredded cheese.




A few seconds into the video, I start looking around for my bottle of Beware Hot Sauce that I've been using this whole week. Little did I know that this would lead me on an epic, life-changing quest to find my beloved hot sauce...

Later on,  I had one more burrito, same ingredients as before...




A moment into the video, I find my lost hot sauce behind a basket of something. Thus ended my quest.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...